Tuesday, October 6, 2009

my ex girlfriend

growing up i have been the type that thought it was stupid to date at such a young age. i used to laugh at the people who would say they were in love after three months of dating. my opinion quickly changed when i came across this cute blonde haired green eyed girl, who was wanting more than just a friendship. Last november i was headed for the biggest mistake that i had ever made in my eighteen years of living. we hit it off quickly.  months past and we made so many good memories. we broke up in july. It was the toughest pain i had ever endured. No more late night phone calls, no more good morning sweetie, nothing.  The fact is, is that i just had to end the relationship. I had no trust in her. Tossing and turning in the bed, with that sick feeling of being cheated on, took its toll on me. I had every one telling me the type of girl she was, but i didnt want to believe it. I had all the warnings right in front of my face, but did i listen? No, afterall, pride is the hardest thing to swallow! In my head, i believed she was something that she really wasnt. i lied to myself for eight months. In the end i finally caught her, and all the wondering was over.
She still calls me and we talk like old friends would, but somehow the past gets brought up and she realizes the mistakes she made. She wants a second chance, and tells me she will not ever hurt me again. As for me, i smile and let it go through one ear and out the other. She was my first love, and its hard not to think people can grow up and change, but for now im going to stick to my roots and enjoy being single.  

No comments:

Post a Comment